Ariana Grande will be taking a break from public life following the conclusion of her Eternal Sunshine Tour, with her team confirming the decision comes after ongoing public scrutiny surrounding her health and appearance.
The 33-year-old singer’s representative said Grande will step away from public-facing work and appearances after the tour ends on 1 September 2026 to focus on her wellbeing.
Taking time to prioritise her wellbeing
According to her team, the decision follows months of intense online discussion and speculation about Grande’s weight and appearance.
The scrutiny intensified after the release of her eighth studio album, Petal, on 31 July, along with the music video for its title track.
Her representatives said the singer has chosen to step back from the spotlight after completing her current tour commitments.
West End debut cancelled
As part of her decision, Grande has also withdrawn from her planned West End debut in London.
She had been due to star alongside her Wicked co-star Jonathan Bailey in a summer 2027 production of Stephen Sondheim’s Sunday in the Park with George.
The production company, Empire Street Productions, confirmed it supports Grande’s decision and will proceed with the production after recasting her role.
Tour will continue as planned
Fans attending the remaining Eternal Sunshine Tour dates will still be able to see the singer perform.
The final 13 shows will go ahead as scheduled, including a 10-night residency at London’s O2 Arena, before the tour concludes on 1 September.
According to her team, Grande has loved every moment of the tour and is looking forward to finishing the final performances before taking time away from the public eye.



